Applications to Geffen Academy at UCLA for the 2022-2023 academic year are now closed. The 2023-2024 Inquiry Form is now live. Our 2023-2024 application will be released on Monday, Aug. 22.
At Geffen Academy, we are committed to an application process that is straightforward and simple to navigate. If you have any questions about the steps listed below, please reach out to our team! We are always here to assist.
Please Note: 6th and 7th grade are the common entry points for admission to Geffen Academy at UCLA in 2023-2024. Applications for all other grade levels are highly considered but spaces are limited.
August 22, 2022
- The online application for the 2023-2024 academic year opens at 5:00 PM PST
- The tuition assistance application goes live. Visit this page to find out more about the virtual Tuition Assistance Office Hours and workshops when they become available. Have questions about applying for tuition assistance? Our team is ready to help and can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
December 9, 2022
- Online or paper application deadline at 5:00 PM PST
- Application fee deadline (please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request an application fee discount)
- Tuition assistance application due
January 6, 2023
- 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 academic records due (submitted by your sending school to our team via the Geffen Academy portal, email, or mail). You can download the Transcript Request Form when it becomes available upon the application release
- 2022-2023 fall academic record due (submitted by your sending school to our team via the Geffen Academy portal, email, or mail)
- Letters of recommendation deadline: English, Math, and Additional
- Deadline to submit optional testing scores (ISEE/SSAT)
March 10, 2023
- Middle School and Upper School receive notification of admissions decisions
March 17, 2023
- Enrollment deposit and contract deadline at 12:00 PM PST
Testing Policy: Geffen Academy at UCLA is committed to continuous growth and improvement in all of its work, including the work of the Admissions Department. The COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on testing options, familial circumstances, and pre-existing educational disparities in the Los Angeles area. In the admissions cycle for the 2021-2022 academic year, we adopted a test-optional policy as an expression of our commitment to best practices in order to meet the needs of the communities and individuals we serve.
Geffen Academy at UCLA will continue to use a test-optional policy for students applying for the 2023-2024 academic year. Committed to a holistic review process, the Admission Committee uses all parts of the application to better understand and honor the unique capabilities, experiences, and gifts of each individual applicant. There will continue to be no penalty for applicants who decide not to submit test scores, nor will priority be given to those who do submit ISEE or SSAT scores.
We look forward to continuing to build an admissions process that gives students and families the opportunities to express their strengths and identities in a complete, equitable, and authentic manner.
For families interested in receiving a fee waiver for the ISEE or SSAT tests, please email our team at email@example.com and we will provide you with the necessary information.
Late Applications: Geffen Academy at UCLA will consider later applications from faculty and staff being recruited to the UCLA community due to the higher education hiring cycle and timeline. We will work with families on a case-by-case basis to ensure the student’s candidacy is thoroughly vetted in accordance with our general guidelines for admissions.
Questions: For questions not answered on our website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-794-7181.