Applications for 2020-2021 will be available on Monday, August 26, 2019. Applications for grades 6th-11th will be accepted. The primary points of entry are 6th, 7th, and 9th grade. Limited spaces are available in all other grade levels.
Below are the 8 steps to submit a complete portfolio to Geffen Academy for admissions consideration.
Please click here
to complete the 2020-2021 Admissions Inquiry form and to receive an invitation to apply online. *For consideration of an application fee discount contact the Tuition Assistance Office at email@example.com
for more information.
Once you complete the application and submit the application fee, you may be invited to campus for an optional interview. Interviews will be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis based on submission of the completed application and application fee paid. We endeavor to interview as many families as possible between the months of September and February.
Final application deadline is January 6, 2020.
Submit the results of standardized testing by January 24, 2020. Exam scores from August 2017-present will be accepted, and must be uploaded to the portal by the applicant family.*
* To promote a fair, open and educationally beneficial evaluation of students in the admissions process, Geffen Academy at UCLA will allow families the option of taking the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) or the Secondary School Admissions Test (SSAT) to fulfill the standardized testing requirement of the application. We are unable to provide waivers for the ISEE, but if your family would like to inquire about a fee waiver for the SSAT, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Tuition Assistance, if applicable, beginning early October. Deadline to apply is January 31, 2020.
Receive notification of Admission Decision:
– March 6, 2020 – Upper School, grades 9, 10 and 11
– March 13, 2020 – Middle School, grades 6, 7 and 8
Enrollment response and contract due:
– March 16, 2020 – Upper School
– March 23, 2020 – Middle School
Late Applications: Geffen Academy at UCLA will consider later applications from faculty and staff being recruited to the UCLA community due to the higher education hiring cycle and timeline. We will work with families on a case-by-case basis to ensure the student’s candidacy is thoroughly vetted in accordance with our general guidelines for admissions.
Geffen Academy at UCLA utilizes a paperless admissions process. We will not accept paper transcripts, recommendations, or testing. All materials must be submitted through the admissions portal.